Kitchen remodeling is a project that can become challenging when not undertaken the right way.
Between the cost involved and the inconvenience while they are happening, kitchen makeovers require careful planning to get the desired end result.
These kitchen redesign tips can help anyone thinking of investing in a new kitchen so their project is a success, without so many bumps in the road!
- Pick Out Appliances and Sink First - Choose appliances and sinks first, since the rest of the kitchen remodel will be based on the size and location of these critical components.
- Chose One Single Focus Element - When looking to add interest or color as part of a kitchen makeover, stick to one impressive element so it is fully noticed. Too many attention-getting ideas can instead turn a kitchen redesign into chaos and confusion.
- Make A Kitchen Remodel Bag - As the design starts coming together, bring all tile, paint, cabinet, and other samples around in a bag so there is no guesswork for choosing colors and materials.
- View Tiles Before Installing - When putting down a tile floor, lay tiles out first before affixing them, taking note that every tile will be slightly different. Move them around as needed to find the most desirable positioning, then install them.
- Plan Around Kitchen Use - Consider how kitchen space is currently used and what space could be put to better use in order to come up with a workable design that promotes efficiency and comfort.
- Get Creative With Storage - Add drawers, slide-outs, and cabinet space wherever possible in a kitchen makeover to reduce clutter and make the space more useful.
- Prepare to Be Without A Kitchen For A Time - Accept ahead of time that the kitchen will be unusable for days or weeks, depending on the timeline of the remodeling project. Make alternative plans for that time to reduce household stress while the contractors are finishing the makeover.
- Design With A Professional - Regardless of how many great ideas a homeowner may have, they should still include their kitchen remodeling professional in the final planning. Experienced kitchen remodelers have been there and done that, know what will and will not work, and will also have some great solutions that may not have been considered yet.
Kitchen makeovers can be stressful, but they can also be fun and exciting at the same time.
To keep the project under control and end up with a great kitchen redesign, these tips from professionals will help.
Work with a kitchen remodeling expert with a great portfolio of work to combine ideas for an amazing kitchen makeover!